<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

No Longer Any Reason To Use Outlook/Outlook Express 

According to this article, Microsoft will stop allowing new Hotmail users to access their accounts via Outlook and Outlook Express in the near future, and will end current accountholders' ability to do so in April 2005.

I'm no obsessive open source geek, nor do I foster strong anti-Microsoft feelings in my heart of hearts. In fact, I'll just come right out and admit it: I use Microsoft Outlook Express as my primary e-mail reader. But why do I do so, knowing the calumny that would be heaped upon me should tech-savvy friends and relatives of mine discover this fact? Why do I risk horrible security breaches and constant requirements to update my software? One reason: I use my Hotmail account to get comments from this site's readers.

If Microsoft is going to make me use their stupid web interface from now on, though, I'm going to get a second Gmail account and start using Thunderbird. I already use Firefox, which is much better than Internet Explorer, and I exhort all of you to do the same. Check 'em out here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Referrers: