<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

"Pig Companies" 

I promised a Nader posting moratorium, so let me say this in my defense: this post is about Salon.com, not Nader. Sort of.

Here's what I'm wondering: In Salon Editor David Talbot's interview with Ralph Nader (published today), did Nader really refer repeatedly to "pig" companies? Or is this a mistranscription of "big?"
Nader: How about the second piece ["Strange Alliance: Why Is Rupert Murdoch's Media Empire Publishing Ralph Nader's Latest Tome?"] -- this complete smear? I mean, this one doesn't even pass the laugh test. Where's your banking done? Do you know any major publisher that isn't owned by a pig conglomerate?

...

But to follow your principle would be for me to say, "I don't want anything to do with NBC. It's owned by a pig company called GE. And I certainly don't want anything to do with MSNBC because it's owned by both GE and Microsoft." They are worse than Rupert Murdoch, and I will tell you why -- Rupert Murdoch does not produce death-dealing weapons and sell them to dictatorships."
Nader does spend most of the interview hyperventilating and making broad statements, but who actually says "pig companies?"

Dear Salon: Nader's actual words sound stupid enough. Don't give him any more ammunition for his claims of press unfairness with sloppy editing.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Referrers: