<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 04, 2004

Great Rabbinical Names 

On our wedding day, my wife and I got a call from the Rabbi who was supposed to marry us. He told us that his brother had had a heart attack, and that he was rushing to Chicago to be with his ailing sibling. In his place he was sending a replacement officiant.

When my father and I arrived at the train station to pick up the new guy, we learned that he was a Cantor, not a Rabbi, and that his name was Pharrel Weiner. My dad refers to him as "Wild Dick," and I'm proud to have his name on my Ketubah.

It's a pretty good name, but not as good as that of Rabbi Falik Schtroks, who has proven that one's name is one's destiny by becoming a mohel (one of only two mohels in British Columbia, actually).

And Rabbi Capers Funnye is definitely in contention.

Let me know if you have other good clerical names to share: this is an ecumenical offer, by the way, so leaders of all faiths can be nominated.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Referrers: