<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

More Odd Trade Policy from the Bush Administration 

Oh, those radical free-traders in the Bush administration, with their steel tariffs and such. What will they do next?

Apparently, they won't stop the ITC from imposing anti-dumping duties on Chinese color TVs, at the very least. While I doubt this decision comes straight from the top, anti-dumping is a very, very politicized policy instrument.

What I can't figure out is which US producers are being hurt by allegedly-dumped Chinese TVs. Some domestic manufacturer must have been able to effectively claim losses for these duties to have been assessed, but this mystery producer's identity eludes me.

There's some discussion of this very question at Brad DeLong's site, but it's not terribly illuminating. Maybe I'll poke around myself a bit...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Referrers: