<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Ah, New York City 

I went to my favorite local coffee shop (Joe, on Waverly Street) earlier today and was pleasantly surprised to see that they featured fresh Kosher-for-Passover macaroons and other treats as well as some kind of fancy-schmancy rosemary matzah. I know I'm hardly the first person to point this out, but it's a lot easier to be Jewish here than it was growing up in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The more subtle difference is that when I ordered my snack, no one asked me what it was or why I was eating it. When I was growing up, Passover meant daily lunchtime show-and-tell about my religion. I didn't usually mind, but it's nice not to be a weirdo.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Referrers: