<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 20, 2004

About the Editor 

My name is Daniel Geffen, and I'm currently trying to finish my Ph.D. in political science at Columbia University. Before going to graduate school I worked as a legislative assistant to a member of the U.S. House of Representatives for three years. I've also been a visiting researcher at the New Zealand Institute for Economic Research.

My academic expertise is in comparative political economy: I look at how a country's political structures help determine its economic policies, in particular its approach to international trade. I'm especially interested in the effects of what academics call the "electoral system", in other words whether a country elects the members of its legislature by a "winner take all" system (as in the US or UK) or via some form of proportional representation (as in most of Europe).

I've also done more technical work trying to improve understanding of different forms of proportional representation and analyzing the structure of regional trade agreements.

My wife, Roxana, is a painter whose website should be up and running shortly. We also have a baby daughter, born March 9, 2004.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Referrers: